Tuesday, July 5, 2011

No more long wind

I was analyzing my own post the other day, and I realized that I am long winded.  So, I then sought out the opinions of two of my colleagues, and I am beginning a new strategy:  The Ricky-Connie Method of shorter blogs.  Here is attempt 1

On Delhi Day 3 we:
  • Went to PRAVAH - an organization that works with adolescents and youth organizations and institutions to impact issues of social justice through youth citizenship action.  We discussed ways to transform students into active citizens.  Great discussion and it is something that I believe our high school's student council can benefit from a partnership with.
  • Centre for Women's Development Studies - research institute on women's roles in society and economic trends that affect women's lives and status.  There were many women, each with their own agenda and passions.  
  • United Nations Information Center - Lecture on the success of India in achieving the MDGs.  Very well done, and it generated great group discussion and reflection. 
    • Said the single most important thing that I have heard so far:  When you come to India you must learn things, but you must also unlearn things.
  • Shopping at Janpath - the Indian version of a cheap strip mall.  I got 5 scarves for the price of $7.00!
Janpath - bargaining stalls (not fixed price stores)

Janpath - fixed price stores with 'covered' doorways

1 comment:

  1. It does seem like you have let go of your original perceptions and replace them with your view of their reality. I love it! Although I did miss the depth of your previous blogs.

    ReplyDelete