Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hiatus

Sorry about the hiatus for the past several days.  I have been sick with a sore throat (like not able to eat more than 10 bites sore) and sinus issues.  That combined with a busy schedule, not a lot of free time, and spotty Wi-Fi have put me way behind in the blogging sphere.  Physically I am now on the mend.  Our very nice South India project consultant gave me some antibiotics, but I have to laugh at the process seeing as she would only give me enough pills for a day at a time, and then she decided after 4 days that I was done.  I guess it remains to be seen if I am getting better from those antibiotics or if I got a virus that has run its course.    

Since my last post we have left Delhi.  I did not get to blog about everything we did in Delhi yet, so I will be making those posts when I can get to them.  I figured this blog will go on way past my return date, so I can get to the various activities when I have time. 

When we left Delhi, we flew into Chennai and boarded a bus for a five hour drive into the hills.  This was a bit of a wake up call because in Delhi we had a nice large coach bus with enough room for every one of us to have our own row.  Not so much now!  We have a small 21 seater with a little trunk that doesn't even hold half our luggage.  Most of the bags are being strapped to the roof of the bus.  The bus is "air conditioned" in that air blows from two vent units, but somehow no one actually feels the air.  Therefore, I have secured myself a seat at the front so I can watch the road.  A small stuffy bus doesn't suit someone who gets motion sickness like me.

Anyhow, we spent two nights at Yeligiri Hills, one at Vellore, and we are now on our third night in Chennai.  Tomorrow morning we pack up again and head out for another town.

Stay tuned for posts on the many activities we have done during this time.  For now, ta ta (my paid Wi-Fi is almost up).

P.S.  For those who may have heard of some terrorist type activities in India, please know that we are not any where near them, nor will we be going to those areas.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I empathize on the motion sickness and so sorry to hear you have been sick. And I am sure the schedule didn't stop for you to get better, huh?! I am glad to hear you feeling better. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. महोदय जी से विन्रम निवेदन है कि जनसंसाधन विकास एवं जीव कल्याण समिति नरसिँहपुर म.प्र. द्रारा संचालित 4/16/01/10298/08 स्वपोषित स्व-रोजगार राष्ट्रीय गरीबी उन्मूलन परियोजना की जाँच कराये जिससे बेरोजगारो,गरीबो को लुटने से बचाया जा सके। www.jsvjks.com

    ReplyDelete